What LCD should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't see the need for anything over 19". Don't you people all sit within 3 feet of your monitor? Especially since you have to be relatively close to use the keyboard and mouse (even if wireless, regaurdless of the screen size, the size of the font and such is only so big. Unless your working with art or doing a ton of heavy multitasking, I don't see the reason to go any bigger. I love my Samsung 17" 740N, very solid monitor, great brightness, no dead pixels, excellent response time and contrast ... and less than $200. Since the 19" work with the same resolution as the 17", I'm guessing everything in fact looks rougher.

Yeah I use my comp for art, entertainment and a lot of multitasking (college student) so the bigger the better. I was going to go with a 20" widescreen but some relatives offered to chip in on the 24" so I figured why not step up

Firstly, the propaganda you hear about Dell isn't all true. Their panels are beautiful, for a fact. Of course some of their models suffer issues, mainly blacklight bleeding problems. Despite the countless criticisms I received when I decided to buy a Dell 20" widescreen panel, I still went ahead and got it.

It was awesome! And still is! The quality is amazing and gaming is excellent too.

Regarding monitors over 19", sure they're necessary. If you take a look at the resolution increase from 17" lcds to 19" in general, you'll actually see that there is none. To me, playing 1280 x 1024 on a 17" is 'just about right'., and that's the max you can go. On a 19" I don't really like it anymore, and I can't increase it any further than that same resolution. It's not until you go above 19" that you can start to increase. But this is just a personal opinion. 1680 x 1050 is very nice on my panel.

So all in all, the Dell panels are overal very nice. The problem isn't with the technology in the panels, it's with Dell's quality control. But really, it's not as bad as people make it sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom