issues with built-in microphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt21

Beta member
Hi, I just bought a Sweex JA000050 webcam 100k with built-in microphone. I got the camera to work ok, but my laptop (running XP) doesn't seem to recognise the microphone. I put the cable into the right slot and clicked the 'this device is my microphone' thing that popped up, but after that I'm stuck. There's nothing in the manual and I don't know where to go to activate it. I tried searching Windows help and everything seemed to be pointing to a 'speech recognition' tab in 'sounds, speech and audio devices' in the control panel, but this does not exist on my computer!

Also, I've tried setting up Yahoo! Messenger for voice conversations, but when it comes to testing the microphone it can't pick anything up.

Anyone got any ideas on how/if I can fix this? Thanks.

Matt

lower the sound acceleration.

Go to Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio devices

Speaker Settings -> Advanced ->

Click on the Performance tab -> Turn Hardware Acceleration down or off. Whatever works better.

By default my microfone line in was muted in the windows sound mixer.. Have you checked that as well??

start run and type

sndvol32.exe ok

options

properties

check the Microphone and click ok

Now see if it is muted and clear the box..

also see start run mmsys.cpl

voice tab - Test Hardware..

The microphone doesn't show up on any of the drop-down menus, just SigmaTel Audio, which I assume is the default sound thing. There just seems to be nothing there as far as the computer is concerned.

under 'show the following...' it has both line in and microphone, both of which are checked. In the actual volume control section microphone is checked but the scales for both line in and microphone are right near the top.

You mean the "mute" box is checked for microphone in Volume control section?
If it is, uncheck it.

It doesn't say mute, it says select. It is only possible to check select for either microphone or line in, not both. So in my case microphone is selected and line in is muted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom