fitting new graphics card ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

artyman

Baseband Member
I am fitting a new agp graphics card to my friends pc.
After fitting it I tried everything I could think of to get it working but the pc did not pick the card up.
The motherboard has onboard graphics, so I went to the bios and changed the relevent inputs to agp, plugged the monitor into the card but it still would not pick it up. I have been told there are no jumpers to change on the board. I am not a great 'techy' so please be easy on me! This is the only info I have on the motherboard:-

MOTHERBOARD NAME: MATSONIC MS8157E

MOTHERBOARD PHYSICAL INFO:
CPU SOCKETS: 1
EXPANSION SLOTS: 5 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 CNR
RAM SLOTS: 4 DIMM
INTEGRATED DEVICES: AUDIO, VIDEO, LAN
FORM FACTOR: ATX
SIZE: 220MM X 300MM
CHIPSET: KM266

I am at a loss as to what to do, or if I am missing something, I have been to the Matsonic site and cant find a manual for the board, I would not understand it too well anyway!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
THANX

Usually a new graphics card should come with the drivers for it on a CD. Or if u lost it u can always download them from the maufacturers site.

does the card require power from the psu? if so makes sure that its plugged in and the psu is powerful enough. the vid card's box will have under system rec's the minimum psu wattage.

It has a amd 1.5 proccessor and the card is a nvidia ti200, I dont think there is a problem there.
As for the drivers, I have them, however I dont think I need to install the drivers for the pc to pick the card up, and I know the card is ok as it has just come out of my pc.

When i was putin my ned Vid card in it dident pick it up so i did install the drivers 1st up n then it worked fine 4 me.

You do NOT need the drivers for the video card to be picked up. Did you check the power supply like zmatt asked? If that fails you need to contact the motherboard manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom