Windows "cleartype" software

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
Is it just me or does this actually make things worse rather than improving the readabilitly of words? i found it make all the edges of my text all blurry and just generally think it looks much better with clear type off? :confused:

I dont know about the software, but enabling it in properties makes the type much better, most noteably on laptops.

I have used both Standard and the Clear type. IMO the Powertoy is better. It allows you to fine tune the settings to best fit the indivual. Since my eyes are not perfect the powertoy actually makes the fotn clear without my contacts in. So i can sit confortably at my PC without my contacts in and see the LCD clearly.

But this is all just personal preference as are most things PC related. For me it helps. While others obviously dont like what it does.:p

I disable it on every M$ product. It doesn't really help since my eyes are already used to seeing standard fonts.

Unless you're using an LCD monitor at it's native resolution, it will look like crap. We have 17 inch LCD's here at work and some of the not so computer literate have ther resolutions set to 800x600 and it looks like crap with cleartype.

well just for the record, ive got a 17" LCD and its set at 1152x864, and like i said i just think it looks clearer and more easy to read with clear type off.

Yeah the native resoluton on these monitors is 1280x1024, but people complain that its too small and they can't read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom