please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

agrs1974

Solid State Member
yesterday i installed my pda in to my pc.everything ok.the next time i went to boot up my pc it goes to the windows screen with the small green bar running underneath.it then goes to the black screen where the white cursor arrow apearrs before going in to the desktop,then nothing.the screen stays black.when i reset the pc it comes up that screen saying safe mode etc.when i got to last know config that work it loads up fine ,but at the bottom right hand corner it comes up finiding 3 or 4 new hardware like usb ehternet hub and root hub.what have i done?

plaese help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks andy

It sounds that the software used by your PDA has conflicted with you XP install. Since you were able to use the last know good boot and go back then i would check to see if there is a newer version of the software used to make sure that there is no conflicts. Either that or check your PDA's manufacturer's site to see if any knwn conflicts exist.

ive got sp2.the software i used is activesync4.1
its the only one avaliable.you think this is the problem?

andy

I think that the app is the problem. If you have the software installed again go into the msconfig from the run prompt and make sure that it isnt set to run at boot. Maybe that way it wont prevent windows from loading.

nope thats not the prob.i uninstalled all the software link yo my hand held pc and still the same!

thanks andy

Okay so have you made any other chages other than installing the PDA software?

cant believe this!!!

today i went out and bought a new hard drive(160 gig) time for a change .after the problems ive been having as you can see from previous posts i thought i do a fresh install.guess what i cant! i put the new hard drive in and tried to install windows and its keeps going back to windows set up! ive formatted the hard drive,created a new partition but still the same! ive put my old hard drive in to get back online.when i boot it up it goes to the windows screen then a black screen.when i reset the pc and go to last known config that works the pc boots up fine!
my mate seem to think the master boot is damaged.please please heeeeeeeeeeeelppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!

thanks andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom