Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even when it is released to the public there is a timebomb. Which means that on a certain date it will stop working. If you dont read the EULA carefully you wont know the date and then one day. Boom Vista stops.

Did MS make try-out/testing versions of Windows XP back in 2001? Did they stop making it function when it was released to public?

Yes XP did have a Beta version. It was called Whistler. Just like Office 2007 Beta that has gone public. Read thru the EULA and you will see that it states that it will stop working on February 1, 2007. This is what they will do with Vista. Unles you set your BIOS back before Feb 1. But after Today. It wont work. So there is only a short windows for it to work.

visually attractive and XP should not be in the same sentence unless there is a NOT or a negative somewhere in there with it!!

i've always hated the look of XP...... i've said it before, but its so fischer price toy looking

Makaveli213 said:
I know that almost every build since 5112 has leaked. They were all on torrents at one point or another.

Plus the fact that 2 old Longhorn Builds have also hit. Build 4033 and build 3706.

It isnt the fact that they leaked. The fact is that they are available early. We all know that this one will be available to the Public soon. But why not get it now so you dont have to download it later. ;)
I remember testers tslking about leaking 4033 and 3706..they said someone planned on leaking them so they went on ahead and did..and im telling you..it diesn't matter if anybuild leak..if they are on a torrent that tells you right then that they are not rare and never have been, and i doubt every build since build 5112 has leaked but even if they did that isn't all that many..n00bs get ahold of things and think they are cool so they put it on a torrent..if it wasn't for my bad hard drive i could have just about every build that came out form now to release..

by the way..some builds are not hard to come by at all even to public if they who to talk to, makaveli213 why not get it now than later..some builds are SO messed up that it isn't funny, testers are even afraid to touch them and you never know you might just install one of them and i doubt people could deal with it, and im pretty sure build 4033 was a major piece of work(it sucked out the rear end) i think it would be funny to see what happened to some people that are like ' hey look it is windows vista, this has to be cool' or something to that sort, and know what wouldhappen 4033 was the build im thinking of? well major disater for the n00b that installed that server(lol)

Well if yall want to ask me a question write me via msn, 'qdldog@utaks.net'

I know more than my fair share about Vista. I am not some n00b when it comes to Beta software or any software. I have been messing with PC's for over 14years and i have a pretty good grip on what i am doing.

I know that Builds 5112, 5219, 5259, 5270, 5231, 5308, 5342, 5365, 5381.1 and 5384.4 have all leaked. Not to mention the Longhorn builds of 3683, 3718, 4008, 4015, 4029, 4051, 4053, 4074, 4083 along with the 3 new leaks of 4003, 4033, and 3706.

Just cause the builds leak doesnt mean anything. There are thousands of people that dont know how to use torrents. Just cause people get ahold of this doesnt automatically make then a n00b. there are plenty of testers out there that are no where near n00bs. That just goes to show how you think you are better then the rest for no reason.

Also yes these old builds are not as nice as the newer ones but it is still nice to see the progress they have made with the OS since its conseption for yourself instead of getting it thru other peoples opinions. That is the reason why i haev downloaded and collected all the builds for myself. I install them via VMWare or Virtual Server and see them for myself.

I have gotten almost all my builds thru M$. I did download the couple of leaked ones just to see the difference between the realeased version and the hacked up version. Aside from stability there were the same.

I also make a image of my OS partition before i setup a new build. Therefor if it is messed up all i have to do is put my image back on. No harm no foul. The leaked build of 5384.4 that i have acquired is the ISO that M$ released. Like you said if you have friends then anything is possible. Lets just say that i have made some great friends that have helped me along the way with Vista.

tommyboy123x said:
visually attractive and XP should not be in the same sentence unless there is a NOT or a negative somewhere in there with it!!

i've always hated the look of XP...... i've said it before, but its so fischer price toy looking

I have only been using Windows XP since Augest 04. Before that, i was using WIN98 on an Emachines 533ID.

So XP still looks nice, but i prefer the silver theme the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom