Bad_system_config_info

Status
Not open for further replies.

TermyBGL

Baseband Member
Hello all,

On my other PC I am having problems booting up 1st time. It sometimes just sits on the DFI logo screen for ever, and after a few reboots/ shut downs it gets to a blue screen (for 2 days in a row now) with the following message :

BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

Windows has shut your PC down to prevent damage blah blah..

Try removing/ disabling any new hardware/software or disable bios memory options such as Caching or shadowing.

Well after another reboot from that screen I get the option to start safe mode, start normally, last settings that worked... so I choose "last settings that worked" and boots up fine.

Had this 2 days in a row now and am wanting to get this fixed once I know the problem.

I DO have it overclocked but has been OK so far, although 1 error on prime 95 that I have not been able to fix... might be that?

It has only recently started happening since I enabled memory divider it seems to 180 9/10 memory @198 Mhz CPU 2580Mhz. HTT 215, LDT x4 Multiplier X12. Before divided was 1:1 and worked fine except the error in prime 95.

What should I try and do next? How can I find out for sure whats wrong here.

And following from a previous post of mine about CPU voltage/ dividers ... now that I have seen that a divider doesnt remove error from prime 95, shall I try increasing voltage?

Thanks for any input
Termy

yeah reset your bios and run with stock settings to eliminate the overclock as the cause

Ok, Update:

I have disabled the memory divider from 9/10- 180 which had the RAM running at 198 (200 stock) CPU still at 2581Mhz and it boots up fine.

Did I do something wrong with the dividers? Go the wrong way or something, or maybe becasue it is 2 Mhz slower then stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom