PC Tune up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BubbaGump69

Baseband Member
So how do you guys tune up your pc's? I work on friends computers sometimes. When ever they have a problem they ask me to look at it. I generally take there pc for a few days and just clean it out. First I clear the temp files. Some people have never done this and they have so much crap on there it's amazing. Then I will scan the system with avg (if they don't have it I install it with their permission of course). Then I will run spybot and adaware. This generally helps out alot. I will also look at for any unnecessary programs and delete them. Is this enough? Can anybody suggest anything else to do. Of course I could do a reinstall but that would suck. I am trying to get a good system of cleaning out a pc with out having to reinstall everything. Thanks....

ccleaner mate, that cleans everything from temp files to cookies to most recently visted websites etc, couldnt possibly list everything as theres loads but basically the first ever time i ran this i managed to free up almost a gigs worth of space and it took no longer than 50 seconds to do that, i was gob smacked!

Most important tool i've found is online virus scanners. Most people are too lazy to install an antivirus, and finding viruses is so easy online.

Also HiJackThis is pretty easy too. MicroBell checks the system for you, and tells you how to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom