Compaq/presario/bios reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.Lexus

Beta member
i've lock myself out off my bios, this is my daily puter the i carry with me all the time , am currently running xp pro am able to select where the computer can boot from but to change or to enter into the bios it will not let me , i've never really had the need to enter into the bios thee only time the i remmember entering is when i password protected the bios / supposebly to prevent someone from ever trying to use it if i some how misplace, but am such moran for ever doing this cuz i didn't really do much cuz if i ever did lose it or misplace it anybody could off reformated or continue using it how it is now, if theres no solution the i guess a'l have to live with it like this after all, this bios password does not interfere with anything..

thanks in advanced

You can reset it, but it will void your warranty if you open the laptop up. My suggestion is have the manufacture do it for you, they can probably get rid of the password without opening up the laptop. Therefore won't void your warranty.

It's much harder to reset the CMOS on a laptop because the way it's design. You would have to remove the battery, unscrew the laptop while carefully taking it apart. The cover has to come off easily, if you force it you will likely break something. If you manage to get it off search for a small lithium battery and just remove it for about 30min atleast. Put it back, put the laptop back together. And it should reset.

I readed on the net am not really sure if this true or not but , apperantly the only works with ibm, dell, and toshibas but for my the does not work the only way supposebly is to replace the bios chip. any whooo as mention on my first post if is no big deal cuz is does not interfere with anything, but if could some how reset it or recorver it, i will never ever password procted my bios ever again.. ive learn my lesson

well i guess i doesn't hurt to try this , thanks for your help i wish there was something the would help me remmember the darn password, all i recall is the it has to do with my familys last name name something like the..

have you tried resetting the bios? That would remove all passwords.

Remove the system battery (looks like a watch battery) for about 5 mins, and then put it back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom