Old computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentali$T

Daemon Poster
Yesterday i took out the second hdd from this computer into an old one. I managed to get my current computer working again without the hdd (this was the boot one) so thats ok but when i put the other hdd into my old computer, connected everything up my cpu fan goes crazy.
Everytime i switch the computer on it will start up, with nothing coming up on the monitor and the fan sounds like its taking off :s it just keeps getting louder.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks

lol o..k.. well i think the psu is ok cos the screen did come on once (only once tho lol). im pretty sure the hdd is fine cos i only just took it out of this computer. And the mobo i havent touched since i got this new computer. The hdd should be fine as its the one that used to be in there before this computer.

Ok the monitor only comes on when i have the cpu fan plugged in. But it keeps getting faster and louder. I keep having to unplug it cos i dont want the fan to blow up or something lol. argh im so confused why its doing this.

I dont get what would have made it go wrong. I havent used in about 3 months thats all. I havent got enough money to build it back up again so i guess ill go without :(

btw does the fan go really fast because the cpu is getting too hot? Would reseating the heatsink help do you think?

Thanks

I have never changed the thermal pad that came with the pc so maybe i should clean this off and put some as5 on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom