Game restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
have some more patience , remember ppl on this forum are from around the globe (diffrent time zones)+have their life too lol

the voltages looks fine , the cpu temp is pretty high and on load it might get too high.. could be the reason for the restarts , also the hd temp isnt the greatest 44 is alright but the max temp is 55 and it can get very close to it on load , i suggest youll get an hd cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835119063
and also more case fans if theres room for em

do the torture test in prime95 , the 2nd one (in-place large ffts) let it run for 3hrs , and at the same time monitor the temps/voltages with everest , see how high the cpu temp goes & how low the voltages go , while the voltages looks stable it can still be the psu some just cant handle it on load , and next time it happens check the minidump folder..

Ok, will do, hey thanks for all the help sorry if I seem impatient, this is just really bugging me (thats all computer seem to do nowadays) but, I really do appreciate it.

A Tbred core has a max temperature of 90c so there is nothing wrong with your cpu temp, infact i'm surprised its not running hotter.
You might try underclocking it or bumping the voltage a tad but from that everest readout it looks fine.

Seriously though I doubt its the CPU unless your getting consistent load temps 80c+ I wouldn't worry about that at all.

I'm thinking maybe its your PSU, I know its new but these are one of the most common failing parts on a computer.

I take it you did look for dodgey caps? sometimes they can looking like they're covered in glue or rust if they're failing.

I took a look at my caps, there fine, Im starting to think its my PSU also. It may be new but I heard really bad reviews about it, I think im going to try and buy an Antec SmartPower 2.0, are they anygood?

your psu isnt the greatest i agree with that and it might fry one or more parts if it will ever fail , but if its good enough to run your system is another issue

please dont think too much, you can test and know for sure :bald: , as alredy said stress test with prime95 and monitor voltages/temps with everest , the voltages looks stable but its possible some of em will go too low on load.. its also possible the cpu temp will get too high , and as alredy said check the minidump folder next time it happens.. , also its a longshot but maybe a driver issue get the latest graphic/sound drivers

i recommend these psus
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104954
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103928
maybe it wont resolve the issue , but it will never fry any other part but itself

compshot12sf.png

If you take a look, Im running both games that are causing me problems, are these voltages good?

yeah , but you should still do the torture test in prime95
also as alredy said get latest graphic/sound drivers

edit next time you take a screenshot use alt+prtscn , it will capture only the current (active) window

Ok, even with the tourture test running im getting very similar results, does this mean it isnt the power supply? I already have the latest drivers for my video card and Direct X 9.0c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom