12v voltage ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGELLIS

In Runtime
my 12v is running at a steady 11v, but the computer is stable.

is this a big problem or not? :wooha:

well if its true its defintly a problem and it will likely crash on load , its possible the software you used didnt read it right, its best to look in bios or use the mobo manufacturer software

yeah i know i meant best ways without a multimeter , didnt mention it cuz most ppl dont have one , anyway in most modern mobos the sensor is nearly as good at least if looking in bios or using the mobo manufacturer software , anyway theres one thing you didnt mention: the multimeter needs to be adjusted to 20 DCV if its a manual one or DCV if its auto ranging

the multimeter needs to be adjusted to 20 DCV if its a manual one or DCV if its auto ranging
good point :). true the modern sensors are reasonably accurate and they are definitely precise it's just not accurate enough for me. case and point: my board was reporting my 12v line as sagging to about 11.87-11.95v after i installed my 6600gt and for someone as anal as myself that was a worry. so i whipped out my trusty multimeter turned on the pc and put it under full load (GFX included). it was 12.00v exactly under load and about 12.02-12.03v at idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom