IHS Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, that rentention clip puts a **** of a lot of pressure on the IHS as is and when its fully close lets off a little, im going to remove the IHS and use the normal retention clip to see if it works good enough, if not then ill leave it open some for added pressure, if that dont work then im slapping the IHS back on and just use it as is...

Removed the IHS succesfully, temps down 3C idle, 13C full load, wtf?? That's quite a bit for stock cooling, but pics soon... My poor hands are all cut to **** and back and it took 3 hours to get thru that damned thing, cut chunks of flesh outta my fingers to...

Along with removing the IHS I guess my psu cables decided to take a **** on me, every connection is faulty.... Some of the HDD's wont power up unless i wiggle the cable, and my GPU really hates that...

I did cut a penny and placed it ontop of the heatsink right beneath the retention arm to make up for lost space, but god them IHS are really thick and heavy... They make up like 50% of the CPUs weight...

They make up like 50% of the CPUs weight...
That's what I was saying. I think the IHS weighs about 2x as much as the CPU does bare.

Anywho, can't believe it took you 3 hours to do it. I understand taking a little longer your first time, but for me that was 10 mins lol. The "pros" do it in like 60 seconds or so.

atleast you got it off without killing it. good job

It was harder than I thought, and the blade kept bending and cutting my fingers up, but the mod failed some how... The past twenty minutes my computer slowed down, then shut off, I have kept an eye on the temps for the entire time with onboard temp sensors, and a normal temp probe that I got at the computer house to monitor temps, both showed load temps around 120F... But now my CPU is completly dead, no post, no nothing and the D bracket that came with my motherboard has a led combo that indicates a bad CPU...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom