what socket is the intel conroe going to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've known for a long time that the new conroes will be 775 but not be compatible with the current mainstream 775 motherboards. All I had to do was look it up.

Socket T (LGA 775), but with a tweak in the voltage settings. And I know for sure it can be use on the 946 and 965 chipsets, I don't remember if it can even use the current high-end 975X, but if GR said so, I'm sure he's right.

And your not going to want to use a 975X anyway, I'd rather buy a new processor with it's accompanying new motherboard. Especially since the 975X is rediculously expensive for what it delivers ...

Brtnboarder495 said:
Socket T (LGA 775), but with a tweak in the voltage settings. And I know for sure it can be use on the 946 and 965 chipsets, I don't remember if it can even use the current high-end 975X, but if GR said so, I'm sure he's right.

And your not going to want to use a 975X anyway, I'd rather buy a new processor with it's accompanying new motherboard. Especially since the 975X is rediculously expensive for what it delivers ...

It's expensive right now. But when Conroe has it's officiall release, and is mainstream 975X mobos will come drastically down in price and there will be plenty of them to go around.

Yea, thats why they priced a Conroe at $244 that is better than the $1010 FX-60...your AMD fanboyism reeks.

The point it, he came to this forum AFTER making the mistake. He's supposed to come here BEFORE he makes said mistake.

for the love of god quit calling everybody fanboys. you are intelligent, you understand facts but you really seem to misunderstand people and their motives. do not deny the frequency of intel's released chipsets. most of the time they do not bring any real advantages. how is it AMD was able to make their dual cores compatable with any motheboard with just a bios flash yet Intel requires specific chipsets.

clearly you also missed the fact that i am trying to lessen the embarassment that all of you are making him feel.

your stubborness reeks.

1.is conroe mostly for overclocking?

2.will it be good for gaming also?

i plan on changing my set up if it is good for gaming/multtask

Green Radience said:
Yea, thats why they priced a Conroe at $244 that is better than the $1010 FX-60...your AMD fanboyism reeks.

Your so dumb, where do you get your facts, Geeksquad at Best Buy?

Im not being an AMD fanboy or anything because I know Conroe is good, but do you honestly think AMD is that stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom