shared printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Banned
I have an hp psc 1410 printer hosted on win98 se machine. There share is set up correctly on the machine as I can see a hand underneath the printer. I am trying to set up network share of the printer on my XP machine. Can someone please help me out with this.

TIA

open printer and faxes. click add printer. select network printer and then browse for it through your network name

the printer is directly attached to the 98 machine. You have shared the printer out in 98 and want to connect to it from the XP machine over the network. Once connected, you want to use the Xp machine to share out the printer to other machines.

is that right?

To connect to the printer on the 98 machine from the XP machine, you need the IP address of the 98 machine. Click start run and type in the IP. Click OK. this should connect you to the machine. If not, then you need to verify ther right account exists on the (* machine so that you can authenticate to it. Then click on the printers folder. From there, double click the shared printer. That should connect you. You might have to install drivers to support it on the XP machine, but that shouldn't be too bad.

Then on the XP machine Open printers and faxes, right click the printer, and select properties. Click the sharing Tab, and select the "Share this printer" option. Give it a name, and click OK. That should share it out...

Good luck

When it asks for manfucturer, I select hp but when it lists a bunch of printer types, mine is not listed...so now what?

download the drivers from the web site or use the CDrom that came with it. Then click have disk and point to the location you have for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom