Three choices, but which one.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masta_Gomes

Baseband Member
Well lets see I need a new PSU since I think my one is making my computer shut down when I use my LG DVD burner when playing a game, unlike when I use my Samsung CDRW drive. Bloody think is supposed to be 500W though i think the 12V rail is only 20A, so I think i need a new PSU.

So I have these three choices:

Antec TruePower II-430 Watt PSU

Antec TruePower II-480 Watt PSU

Antec TruePower II-550 Watt PSU

Let me say I'm never going to go SLI, I'm not an overclocker and I'm holding out for the 7600GT to go AGP so I can chuck it into my system and replace my 9600XT.

Also next year I intend on upgrading the computer altogether, new processsor, mobo, probably keeping my ram, new video card, when DX10 comes out and it's respective cards, you guys get the idea....

Please, opinions.....in terms of price/performance/what is needed

Though is a 430W PSU adequate enough to last me lets say for 3 years, through G8 generation that is coming up...

I'd say so, but if you're at all anxious, then get a 480/550. If you have the money to fund a better one then you may as well!

Ok, well I'd like to spend the least possible, probably the 430W will be enough, i'll opt for it, though I could go the 480W, hmmmm if you had enough to spend money on either of them, which would you go for?

Another quick question, as it comes with PCI-E power connector for the graphics card, which connector is used with AGP cars, the normal 4 pins?

No, Go for the 480Watt, I will be buying PC soon and I'll spend those extra 20 bucks for that over the 430Watt.

Why? Cause you don't want to be on the edge with the power Amp's supplyment...... always good to have a bit over the minimum requirements, plus it will hold up better in high loads, and in future upgrades of the next 8-10 months it will be good enough too [Which after the Conroe and AM2, that the 480Watt could handle, I don't see any further upgrades possible untill 2007]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom