Microsoft claims my OEM Windows is Invalid (HELP!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tommyboy123x said:
with OEM software, three times is the limit... i've found this with personal experience.

go run:

%systemroot%\oobe\msoobe.exe /a

and then use the activation thing. Also, you MIGHT have to navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version\WPAEvents in regedit (start>run>regedit), and change ONE or more of the values in that string (OOBETimer). Only do this if you cannot get the little "lets activate windows" message

then call them, and activate windows... the machine will guide you through it, then say it cannot activate windows, then you will talk to someone from india, who will ask you to read the numbers again, and explain yourself, and then wham bam thank you ma'am, your good to go

OK, still not getting it.

when I type in teh run string, it says my machine has already been activated.

I changed a couple random values in teh OOBETimer string, and nothing has happened.

Who do I call?

VarLordahl said:
OK, still not getting it.

when I type in teh run string, it says my machine has already been activated.

I changed a couple random values in teh OOBETimer string, and nothing has happened.

Who do I call?

OK, Now I'm getting annoyed.

I even registered the computer with Microsoft thinking that would help. Nothing.

So I type in my product number on microsoft's site for support. Because it is a Toshiba-based software set that Windows is embedded in for my computer, they referred me to Toshiba's customer service.

Call them. Spend 15 minutes giving them every conceivable bit of information. They then tell me it will be $35 to hear my problem.

Hang up.

So now what?

I have legit versions, so I don't know if it actually works

Code:
Remove WGA Notifications
Category 》Software 
Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) is used for months. It never bothered users even you use a pirate windows xp.
Microsoft decided to make the persons, who using pirate copy or not, crazy and test the capacity of telephone support in April 2006.

If the windows is not genuine copy, the following WGA notifications will display as below:

Logon Screen banner text in the right low corner.

Logon notification

After you log on to a non-genuine copy of Windows XP, 

you receive a balloon notification message in the notification area that is specific to the validation failure. You can click the balloon notification or the notification area icon to open the Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Failure Web page. 

Balloon notification

There are some tips to remove these painful notifications.

Step 1:
Boot your PC by Windows xp PE, or safe mode.
Updated on May 11, 2006
Some times, you can not finish the following steps in the Safe Mode. Now you have to get a Windows XP PE disk, or boot in DOS mode, If your system installed as FAT/FAT32 partition. You can even use a Linux live disk.
To get a Windows XP PE disk, go to Emule to search it and download.
Or use a Bart's PE cd instead, Make Bart's PE Boot Disk.
To get a Dos boot disk, you can make it from your other Windows 98 PC or ask your friends.
To get a Linux live version, try Ubuntu, which is my favorite Linux distribution.

Step 2:
Delete 3 files in the c:\windows\system32\
Wgatray.exe
Wgalogon.dll
Spmsg.dll

Step 3:
Create 3 files with text editor named as above.

Step 4:
Make these 3 files readonly.

Then reboot to normal mode.

All done.

EricB said:
I have legit versions, so I don't know if it actually works

Code:
Remove WGA Notifications
Category 》Software 
Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) is used for months. It never bothered users even you use a pirate windows xp.
Microsoft decided to make the persons, who using pirate copy or not, crazy and test the capacity of telephone support in April 2006.

If the windows is not genuine copy, the following WGA notifications will display as below:

Logon Screen banner text in the right low corner.

Logon notification

After you log on to a non-genuine copy of Windows XP, 

you receive a balloon notification message in the notification area that is specific to the validation failure. You can click the balloon notification or the notification area icon to open the Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Failure Web page. 

Balloon notification

There are some tips to remove these painful notifications.

Step 1:
Boot your PC by Windows xp PE, or safe mode.
Updated on May 11, 2006
Some times, you can not finish the following steps in the Safe Mode. Now you have to get a Windows XP PE disk, or boot in DOS mode, If your system installed as FAT/FAT32 partition. You can even use a Linux live disk.
To get a Windows XP PE disk, go to Emule to search it and download.
Or use a Bart's PE cd instead, Make Bart's PE Boot Disk.
To get a Dos boot disk, you can make it from your other Windows 98 PC or ask your friends.
To get a Linux live version, try Ubuntu, which is my favorite Linux distribution.

Step 2:
Delete 3 files in the c:\windows\system32\
Wgatray.exe
Wgalogon.dll
Spmsg.dll

Step 3:
Create 3 files with text editor named as above.

Step 4:
Make these 3 files readonly.

Then reboot to normal mode.

All done.

I appreciate it, but it's not the notifications I care about. I just want service packs 1 and 2 and all the security updates - which I can't get.

get sp2 off of the net. download autostreamer (google it), then slipstreamem sp2 onto your xp disc. it will rip an iso file unto your hdd, that you can burn to cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom