upgrade memory, wrong one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i am using the laptop right now. it works fine the second i put the factory chip in.
so do u think i have the wrong one still? this really sucks as i am a noob to this and just want a lil faster system

FlashDude said:
sighhhhh!! I hope you didn't mess up your laptop!!! Yours takes ddr2 200 pin!!! that's why its so tight. pc4200 ddr2 sodim, like this

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1169998

Here's the specs for your system
http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/Q106/Magic/5947sp2.shtml

find the guy that sold it to you and punch him in the mouth

Edit * sorry my bad ddr sodim pc3200 is 200 pin as well, so probably no harm done!

hey thanks alot, i got back into town and went up to best buy and got the one u recommended. and well it fit perfect and the comp started up the first time.
THANKS ALOT

umybiatch2k6 way to triple post. It's called the edit button buddy.

Glad to hear you got it working. People at Best Buy are not as smart as advertised.

i know there not. i dont go to best buy unless i have to. office depot didnt have any instock, as neither did anyone else i called in town. so as a last resort, i headed to best buy.
thanks again

camzaro28 said:
hey thanks alot, i got back into town and went up to best buy and got the one u recommended. and well it fit perfect and the comp started up the first time.
THANKS ALOT

Glad to here that as well, Did you have to punch one of the clerks?? lol J/K It even fit better? I bet you they gave you 184 pin , the buggers. Next time ask us before going to best buy. And here's a tip for those that don't know,,,,,Go to the mom and pop PC shops in your area that's where the true geeks work. The prices might also surprise you, I have found they are close to or cheaper then even the large website retailers, and for sure the big box stores..

Edit -- I didn't see your last message, If its the last resort there's not much else you can do, and I am sure your like me I don't like to wait!! lol

well i got ripped by one of the mom and pop stores on my first laptop. it was the first one i bought and didnt know jack bout computers and needed something new. so paid 700 for a 2001 ibm 600E. used.
so after that i have tried to veer away from them.
now after having this its making me want to get a gig!!! since we now know which one it is, u know where to find a 1 GB memory for this? that is all that this laptop will take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom