windows startup boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1n3st

Solid State Member
okay so let me get straight to the problem you guys can hopefully help me with.

whenever i start up windows i would have to wait a good minute or two for everything to load up.

i found the key problem to this though its my ethernet plug which i plug my verizon dsl to, everytime that thing is plugged in and i start my computer up it takes forever to load. now if i unplugged it and started it up everything boots up really fast.

i tried using msconfig to see if that would help but it doesnt. i've tried alot of other forums and that was no help either so im going to the master forum.

at first i thought it was the westell modem they gave me but then i tried a different modem and it still booted up slow. please if somebody could help me i'd really apreciate it.

thank you in advance to whoever helps.

It could be that with the Ethernet plug in some software apps are trying to connect right away and check for updates.

That would be my guess. I dotn know if there is truly a way to prevent this from happening.

I have seen this exact same problem with the local DSL, Its installing the drivers for the asdsl modem, The only way I could fix this is to use a router and it keeps the modem initialized and then it doesn't take long to boot. I have cable and this problem is only with some of my friends pc's that are on DSL so I don't really know if there is another cure. If you find one please let me know.

Bumpy?

3 month bump...

Anyways, I've had the same problem for a year or two and I couldnt figure out how to solve it. Now that I think about it I started getting my slow startup after getting Verizon dsl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom