nvidia VS ati

Status
Not open for further replies.
stupid post

Quite frankly though? I am myself buying a new GPU Soon and I have chosen the X1800XT Over the 7900GT, why? Because there is a HUGE price diffrence between the two, and the 1800XT is NOT far behind the 7900GT

and if I were to choose between the 7900 GTX and the x1900XT surley I'd jump over the 1900xt but i can't affored that yet.

You cant say which is better ATI or nVidia because it depends what game you play and people are saying that if your going to buy either go with nVidia because more games coming out are going to be more nVidia friendly

you cant make a generalization about the companies

but about these 2 cards you can
7900gt is worth the extra cash

i base'd my opinion on driver support

ati linux drivers are unusable.

not to mention the fact that nvidia pwns ATI :p :p

The thing that will always sell me on nVidia is this:

nVidia card with same specs as ati card will:
Run Better on nVidia games
Run Close to the ATI on ATI games

The ATI Card will:
Run Close to nVidia on ATI games
Do much worse on nVidia games

That's the pattern I've seen time and again... And also, I really only liked ATI when they had the 9**** series, their x**** series isn't as great.

If I was going to buy a new card today I would get the X1900XT. Neither the x1900XTX nor the 7900GTX is worth $60 to me over the x1900XT.

X1800XT too 7900GTX is a huge step up but also a big price difference. Personally if those were my only two choices I would get the 7900GTX and pay what I needed too even if it ment bearly eating for a few weeks (Yes I am a big enough geek to sacrifice eating for computer equipment and I done it before).

If X1800XT and 7900GT was my only choices it would be a tough decision for me. If I had the money I would go with the 7900GT but I would not force my self to scrape the money together if I did not have it. The X1800XT (256MB version) is a decent deal at only $220.

mgoldb2 said:

X1800XT too 7900GTX is a huge step up but also a big price difference. Personally if those were my only two choices I would get the 7900GTX and pay what I needed too even if it ment bearly eating for a few weeks (Yes I am a big enough geek to sacrifice eating for computer equipment and I done it before).

I feel you. Ramen is my best friend when it comes to choosing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom