Mobo screws.... @$#^%!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

saxofoner

Baseband Member
This might suck, I don't know, which is why I'm askin you all. The XION II case, beautiful as it is, comes with 2 risers for the motherboard, and it needs three. 8 out of 9 screws CERTAINLY holds it in, so I'm not really worried. Is there any problems with not having all the screws? If I'm missing 1, will the mobo be damaged?

Its good to put a plastic riser that clips into the motherboard screw hole in. (check the bag of screws that came with the case for any white plasticy type things and cut the bottom off it).

Try to even them out so you get the best support you can. But no, you won't hurt anything unless you happen to be installing/removing hardware and happen to crack it from lack of support.

Technically, you could ziptie the mobo to the top of the case and it would run fine.

Alrighty thanks. Last night I got the mobo, ram, and cpu in. Today is the rest, hopefully. But I feel REALLY stupid for this one: I couldn't figure out how to slide the tray out, so I was reaching into the case the whole time.

Well, the reviews say this case has a "removable tray" for the motherboard. But I couldn't find the screws... so screw it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom