MSI ATi Radeon X1800XT 512MB:

Core clock: 625MHz
Memory Clock: 1500MHz
PRICE: US $325.00

XFX GEFORCE 7900 GTX 512MB 7900GTX - SUPER FAST:

Core Clock: 650MHz
Memory Clock: 1600MHz
PRICE: US $479.99

Now I don't know who would be stupid enough to buy Nvidia and pay $150 more for 25MHz core increase, and 100MHz memory increase.

i seriously, seriously hope this is a joke. note to first poster: if you are serious you really need to be sure of your facts before you post. i mean this in the nicest possible way. you have been lucky to get two tolerant responses thus far but the next response is likely to be something along the lines of "you ******* noob"

nukem- this site u posted is not helpful at all, and they are big liars.
just search for some benchmarks, 7900GTX beats 1800XT in all benchmarks. ALso, 7900GT superclocked beats 1800XT in most games and it is cheaper.

anyway both 7900GTX and 1800xt are waste of money, because G80 is coming out in few months. just go with 7900GT, and sell it after G80 comes out. 7900GT will run any game on high setting.

You can't compare those 2 cards anyway. It would have to be the x1900xtx from ATi and the 7900GTX from nvidia. And the ATi kicks the crap out of the 7900GTX

The site I posted doesn't go into each and every card that is out there and who makes it... It just gives you a run down of the card IN GENERAL. If they're liars I have no clue... but it seems pretty acurate to me, in that respect... but then I'm not out for the bragging rights of having a top-O-the line... anything... SO the benchmarks of one brand or antother don't make to much of a difference to me. but I agree... wait for the new components that come out if you need to upgrade...

7900gt > 1800xt
any day of the week

you cant compare clocks of different chips unless you know their work ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom