Not open for further replies.

piggysmile

In Runtime
1. i created a restore point.
2. installed a program.
3. runned WinME system restore.
4. restarted my PC.
5. System restore was unsuccessful.

is system restore really functional or just another nonsense MS app?

It supposed to be functional, MS added it to ME in an effort to make it look more like 2000. I have XP and it works every time I use it. I'm not a big fan of ME, so I don't have any viable experience with it, I had it, it gave me a headache, I through it away.

I'll dig around and see if there are known problems.

Ok, try this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=306768

ive visited the MS site. all i read was all nonsense. none of their advises syphathized with my prob.

I used to have ME and system restore never seemed to work properly. It would always give me the unsuccessful message no matter what I did. Was never able to get it to work.

I've never found many system restore features or disks supplied with a computer to work properly. Looks like its time to buy XP ;) Good luck!

i have xp and have had unsuccessful restores, it usually happens when u install something that changes shit around so much that for some reason it cant restore it or when u try to restore back to a time way before like a mth ago it usually wont do it, i kno whats the point if half the time theyre unsuccessful but its microsucks so 50/50 isnt that bad i guess, best thing u could really do is back up the registry before something big if there is a possibility of something bad happening, that way if restore wont work u can try to delete the program folder and all the other stuff it made and then try to merge the back up reg file and hopefully put everything back the way it was, basically doing a manual restore, i backup my registry about once a week if i remember to that way if something terrible happens and restore wont work i have a second option besides reinstalling

I use to use Restore via the Command Prompt with
"scanreg /restore" & got the 5 dates to choose from, It always worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom