Problem with Radeon 9600XT (Frequent Crashing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullet-X2

Baseband Member
Ok, I recently download ATI Catalyst 6.4(Latest Version)...

This was kind of dumb but just for fun I set some of the settings at max where graphic quality was highest. I didn't think this would change much. I later found out my monitor was "going to sleep" often. So I turned the settings back now. I have a 17" HP LCD Monitor at a resolution of 1280x1024. Before I installed Catalyst I had no problems.

Now when I'm playing Oblivion, it made my monitor go to sleep. After I turned the settings down, It freezes for a couple of seconds and everything messes up, but then goes back to normal. I get a message from catalyst saying that my graphics card is being reset. I got this message a couple of times.

I never did any overclocking, and I'm not sure if something is getting too hot. I'm touching my computer case and it's pretty cold. I think it has something to do with resolution since when a game crashes, my monitor res goes back to 800x600. Also, I've been getting increased lag in BF2 after i did this. I just uninstalled Catalyst today and it's still going on.

The rest of my specs are:

AMD Athlon 3200+
1.5GB RAM
200GB 7200RPM HD
350 Watt PSU
It's an HP computer, and it's exceeded warranty.

If anyone knows of a solution, or knows how to get my system running graphics back to normal as they were before the settings changed in Catalyst, please help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm only 13 and I'm kind of new to this hardware stuff.

The 9600's don't have a temperature chip, so you can't monitor temps with a program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom