HowDo You run MemTest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefragMyHead

In Runtime
I just installed two gigs of new RAM in my computer (first time ever doing it:cool: , took literally like a minute) but I wanna run memtest to make sure it's all well and good but im not sure how. I make a boot disk? and just let the program run? for how long and how do I stop it and get back to windows? and to save the results? :eek:

checked BIOS, mem was running at like 2.5--3--3--5 or something. supposed to run at 2--3--2--5. am I losing noticeable performance here? because when I manually switched the timings, she wouldnt boot up. Guess I need to leave them at what theyre being auto-detected at?

I decreased the tCL and the tRP to run as listed, but I think if I lower the tRP the CL should stay the same? go up? could I lower the tRCD too if I raise the CL, would this be worth it? I just want maximum performance with stability. If that means leaving the auto detected defaults, then fine. what do you guys think?

In real world performance, no you wont really notice it. Usually only benchmarks and hardcore memory overclockers can notice differences. You can leave it at 2.5-3-3-5 and be fine. What type of memory are you using? If your using high end stuff like OCZ gold or platinum or Corsair XMS, you can set the timings lower like at 2-2-2-4, but don't recommend it unless you're sure of what you're doing.

thanks bro I figured it out, but appreciate your input. I did this with windows memory diagnostic, but not memtest yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom