How do you unlock a x800 gto agp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok I just bought a Sapphire x800 gto agp 256mb x8 agp 256bit gddr3. It seems pretty good already and I remember people talking about unlocking these. I then found out it is the pci express version, I felt sad. But then I went looking and it seems that agp versions will still unlock but with less of a success rate. I also found that you need to find people that can supply you with the bios flash to unlock the card. Can someone please explain this and if they can supply me with the bios?

YES I DID IT. I set it to a x800xl in bios giving me the 16 pipes and what not but so i wouldnt have to oc if i didnt want to. I ended up hitting 434/1066 because of the crappy r430 core but hey, I just got myself a better card then I bought!

Pepsiboy700 said:
YES I DID IT. I set it to a x800xl in bios giving me the 16 pipes and what not but so i wouldnt have to oc if i didnt want to. I ended up hitting 434/1066 because of the crappy r430 core but hey, I just got myself a better card then I bought!

Pretty sweet man :)

Congratulations

Yeah its just now that I have unlocked the card, my ocs went from crap to crusty crap. It went from a stabl 434/1066 to 425/525 about. Any ideas what I can do to this card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom