Question about 6800GS OC/pipes enabled ok temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADWAD

In Runtime
Ok, not sure if these are normal (i use to know but forget nowadays)
Ran 3Dmark and used rivertuner to monitor my temps. My core went as high as 85 and ambient temp was 65. Is this ok? As stated in the subject it's slightly OC (nothing big) and the disabled pipes are now enabled (16 total instead of 12)
Really don't wanna kill my new video card already so can someone comment if those temps are ok? Thanks in advance it's much appreciated.

its cutting it close, but it is normal for the 6 series to reach 80C+. I would honestly get some better air-flow or better cooler on that card just to be safe :)

Thanks for replying bud. Any chance a modified driver could increase my temps? I didn't think i had an overheating issue untill today and just last week i installed a modified driver which worked fantastic.

BTW- the modified driver was 87.25 originally designed for oblivian.

My 6800GS used to hit 85 all the time while gaming and i had no prob's,Try getting a Zalman vf-700 if your worried about the temp's,I was worried because of the warmer weather coming so i grabbed 1 and as soon as i slapped it on my temp's droped about 10+ degree's :D

Good call shumway but i have reservations about putting and aftermarket fan on it because if the card dies for some reason i want to be able to send it back. If i screw around with it my warranty goes down the drain....right? i thought only eVGA allowed you too use after market fans?

BTW- its a XFX 6800GS AGP.

The reason i thought this was a problem is because when i put on a aftermarket cooler on my previous XFX 6600gt i broke the pins (woudnlt come out any other way) and i want to sell the thing now but can't find any place to replace the pins to put the original fan back on? Anybody know of a specialty computer store where i could pick them up? I live in island of the east coast of Canada so i would need a site which is online and ships to Canada. Thanks if anyone can help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom