Athlon 64 X2 --or-- Opteron Dual Core

Status
Not open for further replies.
like i said. if you will overclock get the opteron

if you wont then just get a 4400(i have it)

youll be fine with either but its up to overclocking in the end

getting a heatpipe heatsink/fan for a x2 isnt that big of a deal... if u got an extra 50 bucks.
i recommend the thermaltake Big Typhoon, it can really move some heat!

If you are going to get an opty and overclock purchase a 165. It is much cheaper and will OC to 2.6 on air. The price is about $330.

july is when conroe will be here

if you cant wait that long
can you wait two months without a main computer....? I COULDN'T!!! lol but i'd get a 165 or 170 Opty then put the money u save to a good heatsink (Scythe SCMN-1000 ;)) then you could OC more than you could with the stock heatsink.....

the reason i suggested waiting if he could was becasue the fact that he posted on these forums suggested that he has a processor right now :)

idk common sense

The biggest PC i have right now is my P4HT 2.4c, which falls apart at the programs i'm trying to run on it. I had a 4400+ but got an offer for it for more then I paid, I couldn't turn that offer away. I was wondering if I should get the same processor again. I still have a 939 MB in stock and I didn't want it to go to waste.

As a reflect of your statement: I DO NOT HAVE A PROCESSOR RIGHT NOW, I HAVE AN INTEL P4 2.4c. THIS DOES NOT MEET MY STANDARDS AS A PROCESSOR! lol. (this is not an attack tehdigit, just so you don't take any offence to it).

I don't mean to waste anyone's time with this thread, but does anyone have a link to benchmarks including these two processors?

why would you even recommend overclocking to someone looking for the best audio and recording and stability possible? Some programs won't even run when components are overclocked.

for his purposes, I wouldn't overclock, the reason why they're recommending the operton is cuz of the overclock, and a 4400 should be more than you'll need.

if you look at benchmarks you are gonna see, as i have said like 4 times, that the opteron overclocked way better then the 4400 but the 4400 was better stock.

im not recommending overclocking. im just simply telling him the difference between the 2. its up to him whether he overclocks or not. i personally just bought a 4400 because its nice stock and i dont have to overclock at all to have a good processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom