AM2 Reviews and Benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
mgoldb2 said:
I think conroe clearly won this round and will stay the winner till at least 08 but this last paragraph at anandtech did get my attention. Got no hopes for it but I am still curious what it is.

Yea, no kidding. That was totally unexpected. I think Anand knows something we aren't allowed to hear about yet :)

An Athlon 64 Extreme Edition? How high can they clock them anyways.

It isn't going to take AMD years for a new design.

New designs can be created faster with more money.
More money comes from selling an *** load of Opterons.

money helps but money doesnt give people new ideas !

we will see hopefully they WILL do something amazing soon

but if not. AMD we will talk about you in a few years<3

peace lolll

You people say AMD must have something up it's sleeve. Well tell me, didn't Intel have something up it's sleeve while the Athlons were kicking it around? Yea, it was called Netburst (Pentium 4). Look where it left them. Even though they had a lot of time, they still ended up in second place to the Athlon 64.

but netburst also kept intel far at the top of the market share. i don't think it was ever really intended to do anything other than provide mediochre performance but trick the public into believing it provided spectacular performance because of its clock speed.

nitestick said:
but netburst also kept intel far at the top of the market share. i don't think it was ever really intended to do anything other than provide mediochre performance but trick the public into believing it provided spectacular performance because of its clock speed.

You don't seriously think that it was the Pentium 4 that kept Intel on top? Intel is about 6 or 7 times as big as AMD just in manufacturing capacity, AMD had no chance. And have you seen Intel's advertising? Don't even bother to hold up this particular argument.

AMD's K8L won't do anything even close to that for AMD.

Yea, it's frightening. Intel managed to "stay ahead" of AMD over these past few years, regaurdless of their shitty processors. What do you think they'll do with GOOD processors?

they are just a lot more well known then AMD. plus a huge amount of prebuilt computers have them standard.

in fact they are still alot more well known then AMD
i still have people ask me what AMD is and when i say processor they are like "so its like intel"

everybody knows intel. EVERYBODY

k guys, can u clear some MSN sh1t up for me, here are 2 things i have no clue what they mean:

1) lve1?
2) <3, does that just mean less than 3? or is there anothe rmeaning to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom