Ram Location

Status
Not open for further replies.
It actually does matter. If your board supports dual channel then put them ram in the 1st and 3rd slots closest to the cpu. Don't worry about heat on the ram if you have good airflow in the case. The cooler it self will blow some air over the ram. But putting the ram in the two farthest slots away from the ram is not going to give you optimal performance if your motherboard supports dual channel. (which it most likely does)

Indeed... Best to consult your Mobo manual, some mobos can have weird ram configurations.

I did check my MOBO manual before I did it, and MrCoffee and Kaname are correct. Thanks. This bothers me though, because now I am very worried that I wont be able to install my new CPU fan because of it's rather large size and clearance issues with mem stick A1, right now it is not looking doable

You can always stick in the 2nd and 4th slots to see if that works too if you can't fit the ram under the fan in the 1st slot.

Your HSF should allow you to fit it over the ram. Try it and let us know if he dual channel works. You can put it in the 2nd and 4th slots and should still work.

if you get two 512md sticks or two gig sticks you put it in the dual channel slot..and if you get any other memory like a single gig just put it in the other slots..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom