I Am Pleased To Announce.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
to gamer64amd

ask us in 2 years bro. right now theres no FINAL product we can tell you about with benchmarks and speeds and stuff

its hard to say if amd will beat the conroe. and nobody can really tell you whether it will or not without opinions and guesses

gamer64amd said:
1) What's so special about the AM2?

2)Will conroe be the way to go when I upgrade (In 2 years)?

3)I saw someone say that AMD64 is at the end of its lifespan? Errrrrr..... as in AMD will be releasing new better CPUS? Or like AMD is going to suck? lol I r teh lost (sorry since I finished upgrading I stopped keeping up on computers)

1.) The exact same question was asked and answered 2 posts above yours.

2.) Probably. You can count on it, but its not 100% for sure.

3.) He just meant that compared to Conroe, there will be no reason a buy a Athlon 64.

What's good about AM2, well what is bad about it is here: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=31874

Shame, but not that it really matters.

(Can't remember where I posted this before, but will make use of a re post.)

In 2 years the K8L will be out, which so far looks promising, Conroe is what to look out for this year. I am really looking forward to see if the real life random samples that we will be getting are this good.

tehdigit said:

also will you ****s stop comparing god **** clock speeds
its ignorance if you dont heed the fact that AMD chips do more work per clock then intel (not speaking for the new conroe because i havent read up on it as much) idk how many times ive posted this same thing and nobody listens. if you dont believe me your ignorant

The new core architecture has a pipeline length half that of the Recent p4s, infact it apprears that core chips now do more "work per clock" than the K8's.

wtk pro l said:
Ummmm....yea Conroe chips do start at $300 but so do AM2 chips. Its like comparing apple and oranges. You cant compare a $1000 chip to a $300 chip.
Wait that makes no sense. Since a $300 Conroe chip owns a $1000 AMD chip why can't we compare them? It wouldn't even be worth looking at a $300 AMD vs a $300 conroe.

NeedAcpu said:
Wait that makes no sense. Since a $300 Conroe chip owns a $1000 AMD chip why can't we compare them? It wouldn't even be worth looking at a $300 AMD vs a $300 conroe.

Agreed saying a $1000 chip out perform $300 is stupid comparing because it suppose to. Saying a $300 out performs a $1000 is just total ownage of the $1000 chip and makes the $1000 chip a complete waste of money.

Saying a $300 out performs a $1000 is just total ownage of the $1000 chip and makes the $1000 chip a complete waste of money.
True BUT... a $1000 chip has always been a waste of money (till the XE comes out), i mean the 4800+ can OC to the FX and the only thing the FX has is the unlocked multiplyer... and you pay $300 more or w.e for it.....

question for green (or anybody that can answer) how much you think the conroe mobos will cost when their out? I'm lookin at a DFI LP with a ATI chipset (saw it on XS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom