my emachine

Status
Not open for further replies.
cant game on emachines? i have a amd 64 3500,a gig of ram,and a 7600gs and fear and COD2 run great!

yea man, I agree with Trember, you can game on e-machines. I have a laptop from them i bought 2 years ago. It's got an AMD 64 bit 3000+ processor and at the time, had a half gig of RAM with an ATI video card with only 64 megs of on borad RAM. I have made some slight modifications, but even with those specs, it ran CSS and HL2 very well. And my cost when i bought it was only $1250. Not too bad if i do say so myself.

If you're talking outside of reliability, a computer is good depending on the users, and what it's being used as. Emachines are obviously not high end performance machines, so as long as they can perform basic tasks, they do their job.

Reliability, on the other hand, comes into play as a big factor. As long as they're not abused, you can get decent mileage out of them. Then again, as with any other product, some are doomed the moment they were assembled.

well i got the computer,headphones,17inch flate panel,wifi usb card,7600gs all for 1077.03$

Ive got an emachines, had it 2years and its never let me down, apart from when i had a virus but at the time i had norton installed so obviously it wasnt the computers fault the owner wasnt aware of how rubbish norton was at the time!

i hate dells low end comps, they suck so bad, i mean they put motherboards that only have pci slots in there and not even agp, that blows, i bought an emachines for 325, it came with an athlon 3000+ its weird cuz it has 512kb l2 cache, agp mobo, dont know what kind, 256 ram, dual layer dvd burner, digital card reader thing, 300w power supply, i mean this kills the lowest end dell. now i have the same mobo, but a 6800gs in there with a gig of ram, and i can game pretty **** well.

i only added a graphics card (which i got best buy to install so it wouldnt void the warraty) but everythign else was accesories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom