CRT and a dead pixel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

syrick

Solid State Member
I have heard that it is impossible for a CRT monitor to get a dead pixel, only an LCD can. Well, we have a CRT monitor, and it has a dead pixel. :confused:

Anyone got any idea's why this might be?

Impossable!!! there are no pixels in a crt monitor to go bad. You may have an emitter problem or driver issues, What does it look like?

It is a tiny tiny tiny red dot, the size you would expect a pixel to be. It has been here for a few months now. I have seen dead pixel's before, and it looks like one. It's always red, sometimes it may look a bit different, but thats depending on the surroundings. And it's always above everything.

Take a screenshot and view it on a different computer. If you see the red dot, it's not the monitor, if you don't see the red dot..it's the monitor.

That has to do with something in the CRT tube tahts projecting the screen i had a problem like that once my monitor died on me. I also thought it had to do with drivers but for me it didn't for you it mit be the driver. And also CRT can't have dead pixels because its being projected from a tube. A LCD can because there all little pixels.

Well I have two "dead pixels" on my CRT, and it's been that way since I bought the **** thing. Maybe not technically a "dead pixel" but something tantamount to it, and just as annoying.

I think it's a sign of wanting to die on you. Use it as long as you can, and replace it if it fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom