Invalid Windows copy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that from Google?

Why would it be "better" than Photoshop and not cost a dime?

Well, it might be a better program, just like Norton Antivirus costs $30 per year, and AVG free works better.

the gimp is lunix's photoshop. the best thing about lunix is that everthing is free

damnit... apparently my extra version of XP Pro is an OEM version, and "OEM" is in the Product Key.

And letters aren't allowed to be typed in the veridy by phone box.

damnit!

However, Microsoft's activation wizard displayed exactly 257915207 days remaining to activate. 700,000 years, eh?

The non-genuine windows warning is still showing up though. Should I call the product activation hotline to see if I can get a valid Product Key?

When Vista comes out, MS is going to have to use webcams to spy on you, and see what you download/steal from them.

It seems that whatever I do, a bubble saying that the version of Windows is not genuine still comes up.

I guess the only option is to back up the computer, and start from scratch again.

Ugh, the disc I have is service pack 1a, and my friend is on dial-up. Ugh, lame.

Re:

Hello,

...Did you click to Change Product Key...?

http://www.petri.co.il/change_the_serial_in_windows_xp.htm

Make sure that in steps 4 and 5, you click Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to activate Windows but don't type anything or continue in this window. Instead click Change Product Key at the bottom, and enter the Product Key there.

Your product key should be 25 alpha-numeric characters, grouped in 5 groups of 5.

Activate Windows by Phone uses an Installation ID which consists of 54 numers in 9 groups of 6. This Installation ID is generated using the Product ID that was entered during the installation of Windows XP when it asked for a Product Key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom