I Am Pleased To Announce.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol.

No, the $530 pricetag is for the E6600 Conroe (2.66Ghz). The Extreme Edition is supposed to be clocked at over 3.0Ghz (maybe 3.33Ghz). That will undoubtably cost over $1000, but AMD would have to clock a Athlon 64 at 4.44Ghz to compete with a 3.33Ghz Conroe (AMD only plans to take the Athlon 64 series to 3.6Ghz in the future).

the 64 series is at the end of its life span(not in the fact that people are gonna just all get rid of them)

intel is taking over in the world of high end computers

ill stick with my 4400 for another year or 2 though :)

id have to guess right when the cpu's come out. just like they did with AM2

but im not 100% thats a good ? for green

Yep.

Right now, the only motherboards with chipsets that work with Conroe all cost $200+. Conroe-specific motherboards that are more budget-oriented will start appearing in July, and are defiantely going to be avaliable on the release date.

Not much. Just a move to DDR2 to make it easier for future processors. The move didn't really affect performance, even with DDR2-1066 speeds.

There is one Conroe board out right now, but you have to have rev.304 of the 975x.

I am getting one once I can confirm a rev.304.

I know I say AM2 is good, but I have been set on Conroe for a long time. In fact I could buy a Conroe right now if I had the money. :)

1) What's so special about the AM2?

2)Will conroe be the way to go when I upgrade (In 2 years)?

3)I saw someone say that AMD64 is at the end of its lifespan? Errrrrr..... as in AMD will be releasing new better CPUS? Or like AMD is going to suck? lol I r teh lost (sorry since I finished upgrading I stopped keeping up on computers)

tehdigit said:
ati has amazing laptop chips

the macbook pro isnt a gaming machine but it is a media editing/viewing machine

it rapes for photos and videos
(as apple is known for)

all i care about is being able to play some Wolf: ET and maybe ET:QW at the most, so im assuming it will play wolf ET just fine and struggle with ET:QW.

am i correct in assuming this? there arent many winblows gaming benchmarks for the macbook, so i need ask around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom