Magview 19" CRT drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warez, I grabbed the file and want to give it a shot, however, I did something and I can't figure out how to fix it.

I tried to set the refresh rate to 85, I removed the check for "hide modes this monitor cannot use" and, of course, I have the black screen. I'm in safe mode now but I can't see any options for how to fix it. I tried hitting F8 and selecting the last known good configuration but since it still boots it considers the current 85hz good. My last system restore is from a couple thousand years ago.

Only other thing I can think of is deleting my videocard drivers and rebooting but not sure if that will do it either.

This is what I get for not waiting to hear back from you ;)

Edited: under advanced/monitor in safe mode the Properties Tab is greyed out. I'm using admin mode.

Ok, I got back into XP and changed the refresh.

When I install the drivers it does not show my monitor in the list, it defaults to a 986FS.

This seems to work, and at 1024x768 I can get a decent looking screen at 85hz. If I try to do 1280x1024, the highest refresh is 75hz and the screen gets ugly with a large grey shadow over about 1.5" of the left margin of the screen.

Is this because I'm not using the correct driver for the monitor? I can deal with the 1024x768, but is it unsafe to use the 986FS driver for this VM900e?

Edit: Btw, changing refresh rate changes the whole screen resoution which I've never seen happen before with my other monitors.

Refresh rate basically makes the monitor easy to stare it.
60Hz is a strobe light, and over 75Hz is very smooth.

Most 17" monitors have a native resolution of 1024*768 at 85Hz. That is the safest resolution to have the monitor at without it looking distorted/blurry, etc.

Ah, ok. I thought my previous 19" was 1280x1024 at 85hz. Everything looks so big at 1024x768 :) Big, but still easily readable. At 1280x1024 at 75hz the screen is oogly. Good enough, I'll stick with 1024x768 until I get a new monitor.

Thanks for the help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom