What is the IDEAL PARTITION?

Status
Not open for further replies.

punish3r

Solid State Member
hi geeks...

just wanna ask if what is the ideal partition? i mean to say the capacity in each drive if i have to make a two drives in a single hdd. for example, i have an 80 gb hdd...if i have to do 40:40, does it affect the boost performance of the pc esp. the loading system? should i get more time before it takes me to windows environment? please help geeks...thanks in advance and God bless us all...

Well i know that from experience that boot times always vary. No matter if you partition or not. It all depends on what you have running at the time.

Since we all run different apps at start up there is not sure answer there. But i can say that the best advantage to partitioning is that you can use one partition for your downloads and other documents and such. That way if you have to format and install windows you dont lose that info. It will be safe on the other partition.

Plus if you choose to image your drive it will only have to be that specific partition. You wont have to worry about imaging the whole drive. Jsut the OS partition.

For 80 GB, I would do 10/70 and install all programs to D:. That will give you 10 GB for the OS, drivers, and updates. The rest can be for programs and data.

nice idea for the last post bro...i'll do the same 'coz i think it's better to have a least partition space for the OS so that the start process of the PC from POST 'til its WINDOWS environment will be smooth. also system configuration utility (startup) now will have its better operation since all the additional programs is being installed at D:/...thanks bro...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom