homepage of IE

Status
Not open for further replies.
get rid of dap cuz of this:
* changes browser settings other than homepage, without user permission
* displays popup/popunder ads that cannot be closed by clicking a 'close' (X) button in the upper right of the frame
* silently connects to an unintended site (with or without redirecting the address request) during a browser session, to transmit usage or other information to that site
* silently connects to the Internet after reboot and without user awareness or consent in that session
* silently tracks sites visited along with identification of the user/machine by GUID, IP address, email address, name, SSN#, phone number, credit card info, or other identifier
* stays resident in background after exiting browser

(In several tests that we conducted, involving a range of bandwidths, we found Download Accelerator Plus to be slower than Internet Explorer 5.5)

that was all taken from that link i provided in my last post read it, it tells all about it, if u want a good dload program get flashget its what i use and i get dloads of about 375Kb/s on my cable with it, same with mozilla which has its own built in dload manager and pop up blocker also, ive never used or heard of dap before this so i thought it was something crappy u didnt kno about but since u do u should b able to uninstall it cleanly with the add/remove if u installed it urself without having to have hijack delete bits and pieces of it out of the registry and so forth, thats just my opinion by all means keep it if u want it but i would definitely uninstall it and get a dload manager like flashget which integrates into ie also and delete the other things i mentioned before and post back and tell me if that fixed ur homepage

It works. Thanks neversleeps.
Another prob:
I know there is a Trojan horse in my comp but Norton can't repair it. Anyone knows a program which can get rid of Trojan horses?

I don't know but Norton firewall told me that the Trojan horse had tried to send information out. So I need a program to scan my comp. Any programs. Or any websites to scan online.

no problem, glad i could help and have u tried running norton in safe mode when the trojan shouldnt be loadedi into memory and running, im guessing thats y norton cant fix it even tho norton never wants to fix anything, i just use it to find the crap and then find the manual removal instructions on the net and remove it myself so i kno that everything is gone, and now that you know which trojan it is u should b able to find out how to manually remove it, try looking on symantecs security response site and looking for it

edit: nevermind i aleady looked for u, http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.netbus.444051.html
i dont kno what version of netbus is running on ur computer but all u prolly need to do is delete the autostart key from the registry and delete the server file that its starting and ending the process in taskmanager first before all of that and u should b good and start watching what u dload, ur ie was nicely crapped up and now u have a trojan, just b sure of what ur dloadig and executing before u do it, and if u have norton installed i wonder why norton even let u run it or even dload it to begin with, strange

best regards
neversleeps

Yesterday, when I opened IE, it came back! :angry:. I have searched the registry but found nothing. However, Hijackthis found hot-searches again. I really don't know what to do:angry:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom