internet explorer crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
HI
MY internet explorer often crashes. It comes up with the familaiar message, if i want to debug the program. If i hit ok, the whole thing closes and if it hit cancel, then it opens up MS Dev. and once i go through the prcedure then it just kills all my windows explorer windows.
isn;t there a way i can keep all my windows explorer windows open in such an event.

I recall once having a problem very similar to this one, although i can't remember what i did to alleviate the problem. I used to have it all the time though, this was years ago.

Are you up to date on all the explorer updates? First thing i'd do is disable that ms dev thing, cause i've found it to be more of a pain than anything.

why dont u just reinstall internet explorer instead of trying to find a way to make the crashes less bothersome and then not have any crashes at all, if u have xp try typing sfc /scannow at the the command prompt, it may fix ie if ur lucky, if not just reinstall it, u can find out how at microsucks site

Try reinstalling it. I have that kind of problem before, but it only appears on some webpage I visit. I didn't reinstall it or anything, it just went back to normal.

where do i get the latest explorer updates?
and how do i reinstall my internet explorer? the one i am using came packaged with my windows xp sp1. every now and then it says there are new updates which are awaiting and i download them and install them

i did the sfc thing, i was prompted to put in the windows xp cd, the computer scanned and then nothing seemed to happen

did i miss anything?

Hey rookie1010,

Open up Internet Explorer and go to Tools, Windows Update
while connected to the internet. Then let Microsoft scan your
computer and select the updates you want to install.

Good Luck.

no u didnt miss anything it just wanted the cd to compare ur sys files to the ones on the cd and like i said if ur lucky, it doesnt usually fix anything altho its easy to do so its always worth a shot, i dunno even why they have the scannow option as its always sposed to be running in the background and its not sposed to let sys files get changed in the first place. if u want to try and reinstall read this previous thread from me http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14475

hey workedforme, i downloaded and installed the updates, man, they were big, and they did take their sweet time, nto seen any of my programs take so much time to install.

neversleeps i will check your thread out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom