DUDE! Where's My OpenGL?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I got a client where we gave him a fresh install of Windows Xp Pro Sp2 (Legit Copy + Updates)

This guy installs a chase game, however when it comes to trying to play it, he gets an error message saying that he needs OpenGL1.1 or greater to play it.

I found an OpenGL1.1 on the microsoft website. However think this is mainly for Windows 95 / NT Platforms as it did not do any thing.

I have re-installed the video card drivers (onboard NVIDIA GeForce 6100 GPU on a Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9 SKT 939 Motherboard). Please note that these are the video card drivers from Gigabyte's Website. I have fround that the nVidia Drivers from the nVidia's website does not what to have any thing do with it.

It's currently using Direct X 9.0c (however I have not re-installed that yet)

I have tried looking at the OpenGL.org site. However the only download I can seem to find points back to the same one from Microsoft that I mensioned earlier.
However the website is talking about OpenGL 2.0. There is a lot of blurb on what it does, but no downloads for it.

Any other suggestions on where I can download Open GL 1.1 or greater?

Thank you.

Im possibly downloading them from limewire right now, 2 files. I will install them on my pc and test it just to make sure there not junk, but not sure what version they are yet, they say for 2000, XP, so we'll see....

NVM. I thought it was some thing else.

Don't mind me, I am having one of those days.

I tryied the file this morning. That one did not work. I am still getting the same problem.

I have reinstalled check Direct 9.0c.

Any other suggestions?

im not exactly sure what you ment by the nvidia drivers aren't working...

I have fround that the nVidia Drivers from the nVidia's website does not what to have any thing do with it.

im sure you know how to download the drivers, seeing how you are all skillz, but just to be sure (since its "one of those days" :p) http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_84.21.html

how much memory does the person have? hard drive space? Anything else weird (i assume not, but just checking again)

tommyboy123x said:
im not exactly sure what you ment by the nvidia drivers aren't working...

im sure you know how to download the drivers, seeing how you are all skillz, but just to be sure (since its "one of those days" :p) http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_84.21.html

how much memory does the person have? hard drive space? Anything else weird (i assume not, but just checking again)

For some strange reason, current nvidia drivers does not that to install on this guys computer.

Memory is 1Gb + 128mb Shared For Video.
Hard drive space is 200Gb which he is barely touching.

The stupid thing is this. 2 week ago, I finally convinced him to get a legit copy of Windows Xp Pro. Before that he was not running legit.
Anyways, before then, he had not problems running this software.

And to had more injury to insult, he as another computer that is 30% less powerful than this one that runs the game fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom