Magview 19" CRT drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Heya, a friend just gave me a Magview 19" CRT to use until I buy me a new monitor. I have XP PRo and SP2 with all updates and the monitor is detected as a crummy plug & play with a max refresh of 75hz. I can't find drivers ANYWHERE for this monitor. I'm going to have to use it for a couple of months, does anyone know where I can get drivers for this? The screen and text look terrible.

Well, according to Google, its either a Proview monitor, or Mag Innovisions.

Check the back of the monitor for a sticker stating what it's actually made by. Then search for that driver on Google.

It's a Magview VM900e every website I find in google does NOT have it even if listed in the search and two sites want to charge me $2. This is ridiculous. I've never had such a hard time finding a driver.

I absolutely cannot find anything at all. The few driver files I found did not have the vm900e driver. No clue where to go or what to do. Never had this happen :/

Thanks Warez, did not work. It allows me to choose a few models but not mine. If I accept the one Windows recommends it still locks me into a horrible refresh rate. Basically it keeps it in the "plug and play" category. Gosh, this stinks. It's stamped 2001 on the monitor. The text looks horrible and fuzzy. YUCK!

Any other ideas?

whats the exact model? is it the one you posted? thats the one I chose and there were only 2 to chose from, one was for windows 98 and the other xp

How to install your monitor drivers

Download mag monitor drivers from http://www.mag.com.tw first, and follow the steps.

Step 1 Unzip mag.zip file and stored to a folder where you are going to install the driver.
Step 2 Open the Display Properties window. Do this by selecting the Display icon in Control Panel, or by right-clicking anywhere on the Windows desktop (away from any icons). A small menu will open, left-click once on the last option, Properties. This opens the Display Properties window.
Step 3 Click on the "Setting" tab at the top of the window and then click on the "Advanced Properties" button.
Step 4 Click on the "Monitor" tab then click "Change" button. This will open the Select Device window. Click "Next".
Step 5 Select "Display a list of all the drivers in a locationÂ….", Click "Next"
Step 6 Click "Have Disk", then "Install-From Disk" menu appears.
Step 7 Change the path to where you stored the unzipped files, Click "OK"
Another "Select Device" window opened. Select the proper monitor model number from the list.

Step 8 Select to load .INF file, It will take a few seconds for the file to load. The screen may flicker and go black momentarily
Step 9 Click in Change Display Type window.
Step 10 Click in Display Properties. The monitor type is now set.

http://www.maginnovision.com/driver/Mag_inf.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom