choppy video and audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
I just recently reinstalled windows on my computer to try and fix a choppy media problem i was having. Everything was working after the install until a few days ago when it started doing it again. It doesnt matter what i use to play the music and videos. I have 756mb of ram and running windows xp pro. I use itunes to play music (on the previous install used windows media player) and for videos i use windows media player. The problem first started up again about 2 weeks after the fresh install. I was able to fix it by doing a system restore but a week later it happened again. I did the restore again and it worked for about another week. Now the problem is back again but the system restore does not work.

it was like this before the reinstall. why would the video drivers also affect audio, not just audio during a video but also mp3's

Well... if you are running onboard graphics/video the system might not be able to handle all of it... the drivers might need updating on the board. Did you add any new hardware prior to this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom