putting windows on mac laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea, like any other computer, the OS requires certain specs. Find out what specs you have, and get the OS that will work best on it

ok thanks i think i have 2 more question then they will all be answered. #1 how do i find out the specs on it like i said im a newb with macs lol
#2 if i sold it wat would be a good price to sell it for its not to old about a year or 2

hmmm, i dont use MACs, so i am not sure, maybe you should start a new thread asking those questions. Sorry i couldn't be of more help. Good luck

There is still a chance to install XP on there. Not even thru Virtual Software. I did read the thread but you never know. Some people dont realise what kind of machine they have.

So dont mock b_young. I do know what i am talking about. If they have a image of a XP install from a Virtual Machine there is a way to boot XP on a Mac natively. But it is a long and drawn out process.

There are many ways to do it and get it wrong. Only a few have gotten XP on a Mac with little issues without Boot Camp. I dont know the specific steps but i can find them. Best bet is to use Pear PC. That will allow you to install XP but you will be missing some drivers.

"Sizzum speqz..."

Glad we can help. ;)

ooo, yea, you can reformat it and reinstall a fresh copy of the OS. Problem is you need to have the "recovery disk" that came with the comp. I'm not sure if your friend left that with you too. Otherwise you would need to buy a new copy.

... All you have to do is go to a computer store and buy a MAC OS X CD. You do not need to have the exact same recovery disc, since Macs don't have those anyway. :confused:

yea, like any other computer, the OS requires certain specs. Find out what specs you have, and get the OS that will work best on it
Good point but it's kinda hard to find system spec requirements. :( If your Mac is has a CPU older than a G4, you would be better off with Mac OS 9.

http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_Item.cfm?mfr=Apple&part=OS91CD&ref=Google AppleOS9 12175

I dont think you should go as far as selling the thing. After all, Macs still have their uses. I don't see the point in selling that comp. :amazed: ;) :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom