I Am Pleased To Announce.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. You can consider the "Core" processor series to be the buildup to "Core 2". They aren't as good as "Core 2" with their clock efficiency. The Core series processors are roughly the same as Athlon 64s as far as their performance-per-clock is. The Core 2 series improves upon that drastically.

Also, the Core processors (based on the Yonah Core) are only avaliable in Mobile versions (Laptops).

Note: The Core of a processor (Yonah, Merom, Conroe, Venice, San Diego, Windsor) is totally different than the name of the new series of processors (Core, Core 2), and is also different than the architecture that the Core and Core 2 processors are based off of (the Core architecture).

green what i was saying is it comes down to the price
by that i meant the biggest bang for the buck

which is conroe at this point. and thanks for the prices

also will you ****s stop comparing god **** clock speeds
its ignorance if you dont heed the fact that AMD chips do more work per clock then intel (not speaking for the new conroe because i havent read up on it as much) idk how many times ive posted this same thing and nobody listens. if you dont believe me your ignorant

so is there any real advantage to the AM2? over the other (i apoligize for my lack of knowledge w/ CPU's and overcloclocking)...........

over the current AMD chips?

yes there are slight advantages but nothing worth me returning my 4400 just to get an AM2 4400

yea green.... that went a little over my head on the core 2 and conroe thing.... i kno about core duos in laptops.... But what is core 2, is it just core (the mobile ones) remade for more efficiency? and is only goin to be for laptops also?

Another thing.... any word on if intel will come out with a single core conroe or something cheaper than the cheapest dual core or is it all goin to be dual-core for now on?

See? If you ask questions politely, I'd be more than happy to answer them all day.

Yea, Core was kind of a stepping stone to Core 2. The Core 2 architecture (its kind of a hard concept if you don't already know it) is better designed than the Core (and the regular Core was a nice piece of work). That means that not only does the clock efficiency increase, but the way the processor actually "processes" has also been improved. So now a Conroe can [Fetch, Decode, Execute, Store] the instructions 4 times in one cycle (as opposed to 3 times in past processors). That along results in a huge performance difference.

Yes, Intel has plans to come out with the Core 2 Solo proecssors. I'm not sure when exactly, or what the clockspeeds are going to be, but they're coming. And they will also be priced lower than the Dual Core versions, like you already said.

wow. 560 for the conroe xtreme edition.

you maybe have just turned me into an intel/nvidia fanboy.

now i just need someone to switch be to ati and i can justify getting a macbook pro

ati has amazing laptop chips

the macbook pro isnt a gaming machine but it is a media editing/viewing machine

it rapes for photos and videos
(as apple is known for)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom