putting windows on mac laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

mataemon_araki

Solid State Member
hello i just inharited a mac laptop from a fried of mine that passed away :( but i have no clue how to use one and have no use for a mac nothin against them or anything but i need a laptop if there any way i can put windows on it can i just like wipe the hard drive and load windows on it? and he worked at a school so they had to have him put restrictions on it and stuff and id like to restart it and take it all off so how would i do that can any one help me with that even if it lets me i dont know how to do it. and sorry for all the bad grammer and spelling

"C O N D O L A N C E S...."

.............................................. You're screwed. :( Unless you want to put in a PC emulator, like Virtual PC: )

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/virtualpc/default.mspx

You actualy need OS X installed, (since it's just a program that pretends to be a PC on your computer) so you can pretty much forget about wiping the drive and starting over. :(

It wont play any PC games, either. :confused: :cool:

plain and simple, you can't. MAC hardware is propritary to their OS. Microsoft won't recognize it, and it just plain old won't happen. The NEW macs, you can install windows on them, cause they use an Intel chipset, and can be hacked. But it has only been done like twice and caused a lot of problems and many headaches. So my advice to you is either learn how to use a MAC, or do the world a favor and get rid of it. By the way, sorry to hear about your friend.

thank you very much for your help i thought i probly couldnt but its worth asking isnt it lol so is there any way i can get all the security and the old stuff off it?

best bet is to take out the drive and destroy it before you sell it. There are some hardcore recovery programs that can even recover formatted drive data, and to keep his information secure, it's best to just destroy the drive.

Try BootCamp. If this is a older laptop you cant do it but if it is a newer laptop that has a Intel processor then BootCamp can help.

Makaveli213 said:
Try BootCamp. If this is a older laptop you cant do it but if it is a newer laptop that has a Intel processor then BootCamp can help.

Dude did u even read the entire thread? it's an OLDER MAC, there's not a chance in **** that it has an Intel processor in it.

all i want to do is kinda like format it so its like newthats what i ment is that possible like it is in windows or is it diffent in macs once again thanks for the help

ooo, yea, you can reformat it and reinstall a fresh copy of the OS. Problem is you need to have the "recovery disk" that came with the comp. I'm not sure if your friend left that with you too. Otherwise you would need to buy a new copy.

thats what i was afraid of lol ya i dont know if he even had it but i couldnt find it any chance of getting a cheap copy off ebay. i should probly found out what its running first right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom