AM2 Reviews and Benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I obviously agree with the facts, but I think it's fair for AMD to lose a little ground now by making the rough transition to a new socket, as Intel probably will when it "converts" to a new socket.

They'll be right back on Intel's butt's come 2007, or so I hope.

tehdigit said:
dont worry amd will come back with something to battle the conroe

thats just how it always goes.

amd then intel then amd then intel

No, thats NOT how it goes. AMD has only had a significant lead over Intel with their Athlon 64s. The last time Intel had a good processor was back with the Pentium 3s, 4 years ago. So AMD has been in the lead for 4 years.

I agree that AMD will come back and take the crown sometime in the future. However, you would be extremely naive to think that its going to happen in the next few months. From all my knowledge about the future of PC processors (I've been keeping up since I have to argue this day in and day out), I don't see AMD coming back anytime soon. People may spout about the K8L, but half of those people heard it from me, and the other half don't know the improvements that K8L brings with it. K8L is not going to change the architecture of the Athlon 64 processor. The architecture is what determines the effeciency of the processor as far as performance-per-clock goes. Without architectural improvements, Intel is going to keep it's performance lead. It doesn't matter what else K8L brings with it, if there are no architectural changes, nothing else will make up for the enormous performance difference between the Conroe and the Athlon 64.

And don't tell me that things could change. Everything I say is based off of facts, and there is not a single shread of evidence that would have AMD change it's architecture. AMD themselves has said that "K8L will be evolutionary, not revolutionary." What AMD needs is a revolution.

We don't have any information about AMD's plans past K8L. I don't think AMD does either. The only reason I believe that AMD will come back sometime in the future is because they're a smart company. Even now, AMD knows what NOT to do with it's processors. But AMD definately isn't coming back anytime soon.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask them, politely. I leave you an open invitation to try to stump me.

wtk pro l said:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=100458

Hmmmm.... thats wierd, no improvement you say, didnt see any previous version CPU doing this. :)

Are you seriously that daft? I'm totally serious.

Its a FX-62...what the 'heck' do you expect? Its a totally new processor, clocked higher than any other AMD Dual-Core processor. No shiz it takes the highest 3Dmark01 score. If your argument is that AM2 brought about a faster processor...no comment.

Wow, I'm speechless.

wtk pro l said:
Yall AMD is not finished, just like AMD took the last gen of CPUs, Intel took this one. AMD will come back about summer of next year (maybe earlier) with something else.
Indeed. K8-L looks promising, but for now, Conroe's leading the pack.

Orayn said:
Indeed. K8-L looks promising.

Yea? Well apparently you know something about K8L that I don't. Or you just didn't bother to read my long post above that was pretty much all about K8L.

that is how it goes GR

its how it goes with just about any product in the market

you proved my point by saying how intel had it before AMD.

i didnt say it changed every year. it changes every few years but its a constant cycle of inovation.

thats just how things go in the world in general.
amd will come back with something to beat the intel processor infact i bet you a million dollars they are working on something now

I don't want to take your money. AMD may or may not come back (I hope it does).

My point is, AMD has nothing up it's sleeve right now. There may be a time, maybe 3 or 4 years into the future, when AMD cooks up something that takes the crown from Conroe. However, all I'm saying, is that right now, at this very second, AMD is not working on anything to beat Conroe. They're totally beat at this very second.

tehdigit said:
i bet you a million dollars they are working on something now

They have the KL8 coming out in 2008. Thats it. Don't you understand that it takes years of R&D to develop a new processor from the ground up like Intel has? AMD is not going to try to surprise anybody. That would be stupid. If AMD had anything in the works that could compete with the Core 2's, they'd let EVERYONE know. The best thing you can do is generate buzz, the exact kind that is being generated by Intel right now.

anybody that gets beat is gonna be working on something that can get them the edge

if they arent then they are a stupid company

im 100% sure that they are meeting and brainstorming figuring out how to get a competetive edge

thats just buisness

Let me repeat it for you,

Thats it. Don't you understand that it takes years of R&D to develop a new processor from the ground up like Intel has?

Thats it. Don't you understand that it takes years of R&D to develop a new processor from the ground up like Intel has?

You can't just say "Hey, I got an idea, lets make this!" and do it. It is going to take years for AMD to come up with something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom