I Am Pleased To Announce.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
wtk pro l said:
Haha, yall are so stupid. Yall think Conroe is like a God chip. You have never seen benchmarks with Conroe and a FX-62 side by side so dont say anything. And Green Radiance I will post a link of all the changes since you dont seem to believe anything changed.

AMD Cheerleaders just wont give it up. You keep forgetting that the Intel processors that are being bench marked against the FX 62 and beating them are also going to cost 1/2 as much as the FX 62. THAT is why the conroe chips are so amazing.

Indeed they are better in both performance and cost FX62 costs what +1000 USD I'm not sure. The Conroe ranges starts at 300.

It is godly when compaired side by side.

AMD Cheerleaders just wont give it up

lol.... yea pretty much...... i can see reasonin to it though.... i mean five years ago (idk the exact number of years but bear with me) AMD decided to go with lower clock speeds and intel decided higher clock speeds..... now whats happenin.... INTEL IS "COPYING" AMD.... well kind of but they made a better chip (well from what reviews and everything say so far)......

but why would you buy an FX62 anywayz... you could get a X2 5000+ or something like that and OC to the FX...... or get the conroe and you wont have to OC to have a big bad CPU...... (or you can try to beat 4GHz from XS)

as of now... Conroe/FX62..... Conroe has won (especially with the price)... but what i really wanna see..... IS S939 PRICES DROP SO I CAN GET MY OPTY 144! i also wanna see what AMD is goin to do about the conroe......

Ummmm....yea Conroe chips do start at $300 but so do AM2 chips. Its like comparing apple and oranges. You cant compare a $1000 chip to a $300 chip.

And dont think AMD is just gonna slouch back and let Intel take the field, im sure they are well aware that Conroe is beating their chip and I bet they are working on something right now.

If it's as cheap as the current Socket 939 there's no harm in buying a future proof system, but that also means buying new memory which doesn't have great timings quite yet. I'm waiting until later this year or early next year to make my decision. AM2 and Conroe will have had plenty of time to have been benchmarked, compared and improved. I also won't go DDR2 until they reach a CAS latency of 2 within reasonable pricing.

That's just my opinion though.

wtk pro l said:
Ummmm....yea Conroe chips do start at $300 but so do AM2 chips. Its like comparing apple and oranges. You cant compare a $1000 chip to a $300 chip.

And dont think AMD is just gonna slouch back and let Intel take the field, im sure they are well aware that Conroe is beating their chip and I bet they are working on something right now.

You are very misinformed and don't understand much. You need to look around. AMD doesn't have anything major planned until 2008.

tehdigit said:
it comes down to looking at price.
we will see how much conroes are gonna come for (idk if they have released a price as of now)

See? For anyone reading this that patronizes me for continuing to say the same thing over and over again; THIS is why I have to say the same **** thing over and over again. I've posted the Conroe pricing maybe 5 times in the last 3 days, and yet there are still people that refuse to read the **** posts.

Here are the Conroe prices, so [snipped] read them;

The four dual-core Conroes are clocked at 1.86, 2.13, 2.40 and 2.67GHz. The CPUs will be priced at $209, $244, $316 and $530, respectively, at launch.

wtk pro l said:
Ummmm....yea Conroe chips do start at $300 but so do AM2 chips.

Read above, Conroe starts at $200. The cheapest Dual Core from AMD is $300. Not only that, but the $200 Conroe performs like a X2 4800+ processor at stock speeds. And said Conroe also overclocks like crazy to high-2Ghz speeds.

As for AMD coming back with something, you neither have any proof of it, nor does AMD have anything planned. Here's a quote from Anandtech;

"When Intel first started talking about its new Core architecture, we turned to AMD for a response that it surely must have had in the works for years, but as you all know we came up empty handed."

Its like comparing apple and oranges. You cant compare a $1000 chip to a $300 chip.

Why the heck not? You can easily compare their performance. If the $300 chip beats the $1000 chip, then whats there to argue about? Its hardly apples and oranges.

Its like comparing apple and oranges. You cant compare a $1000 chip to a $300 chip.
Why the heck not? You can easily compare their performance. If the $300 chip beats the $1000 chip, then whats there to argue about? Its hardly apples and oranges.

True... as much as i hate to see AMD get beat by intel.... its true... Intels a big company with TONS of money to use towards makin their products better..... i've had Intel all my life..... had nothin wrong with one..... Now i'm changin to AMD (single core so you cant say anythign about conroe and it cuz i dont see any single core conroes)... but thats beside the point...... Conroe will be "most likely" be awsome (i only say that cuz its not out yet)..... I find it amazin though (now that i just thought of it) Conroe beats a FX, FX kills a P EE, so then...... Conroe totally destroys the P EE and is half the price..... thats a good move on Intels part

lol nice.... i agree too, and also the Pentium Ds (which conroe will replace) should have had hyperthreading.... that could have made them a little better but too late now

i have a question about conroe and core 2 duo or w.e.... whats the difference between conroe and core 2 or are they the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom