AM2 Reviews and Benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anandtech.
Xbit Labs.
[H]ardOCP.

Here are your "final benchmarks."

Nothing has improved. Get this into your heads: AMD Athlon 64 processors do not need the additional bandwidth provided by DDR2. It just doesn't do them any good. Not even with DDR-800 and higher-clocked memory modules (which are significantly more expensive than regular DDR-667) did the performance matter. Its an excellent move from a business standpoint, however. DDR2 is what the future is about (for the next few years) and it scales much better than DDR. That, and many other factors, make this a good move by AMD, and the right time to make the move. However, the performance has not increased over Socket 939, and thus, AMD has little defense against future competitors.

Cheers for the links.. Its a shame AMD didn't take the opertunity to make more significant changes to the core.

dont worry amd will come back with something to battle the conroe

thats just how it always goes.

amd then intel then amd then intel

i should prolly make a processor that beats both so i can be rich and nobody will fight over the brands anymore

I've said it from the start AM2 is garbage and this only further backs up those statments. It was too late to change anything without delaying the release they made their choice now next month in June we all can get our Core 2 Duos.

Yall AMD is not finished, just like AMD took the last gen of CPUs, Intel took this one. AMD will come back about summer of next year (maybe earlier) with something else.

I agree with you 100% but thats not current I'll talk about that then in 9 months but now it's all Intel no alternative. Yet noobs still go for AMD because they were told that it was better and they think it will always remain better.

Your right it's an endless cycle and for the time being it's Intel

OMG thats a few hundred points higher than my 4400+, which I proudly got when it was currently on top before the current generation. I think I'll spend the money and upgrade today!

Can you sense the sarcasm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom