Computer restarts for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

paintballphreak

Solid State Member
Alright, let me tell the story.

A few months back, I bought a new liquid cooling system. I set it up properly, but the pump blew out when I tried to use it or something. So, for a while, my computer wouldn't work.I sent that system back, and put my computer back to normal regularly. I waited about a week, and after that I would get a picture on my screen when I turned my computer on. Ever since that incident, my computer has acted funny. Sometimes my computer will restart all of a sudden while playing games, or I'll get drastic FPS drops in games for about 10 seconds, that's very frequent.

Today I opened up my case to do the normal vacuuming, excpet I forgot to put the RAM back in. When I turned my computer on it started giving me the beep noises to let me know something was wrong. I just put the RAM back in, no big deal, expecting the computer to work now. I turned it on and got nothing but a black screen. I waited about 30 minutes, then I was able to start up the computer. I tried playing CS a little, and my computer restarted all of a sudden soon after. This all leads me to believe that my GPU got overheated through the period of being on with no cooling for those couple minutes. Does anyone think this could be the case?

Also, since that incident today of forgetting to put in the RAM, the computer will sometimes just stay at a black screen when I turn it on. Is there some sort of option that makes the computer restart when it uses a certain amount of resources?

All help is appreciated. :D

It sounds like your computer is overheating, what kind of tempteratures are you seeing?

Right-click on My Computer, click Properties

On system properties, click the Advanced tab. Click "Startup and Recovery" settings. Uncheck "automatically restart". Click OK. Close the open windows.

Reset the cmos it sounds like the bios is messed up. Also run spyware and antivirus scan's, Let us know if you find anything. And like brinks said what are your temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom