Tweaked Nvidia drivers or not? AND GPU comparisons :)

Have you had this problem before?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk_eyeBF2

Baseband Member
I have a few questions here:

What is the best out of the latest Nvidia drivers (incl. stable Beta's) and tweaked drivers?

If tweaked drivers seem to boost performance, by how much and which one is the best?

Does it vary between computers what performance gain you get?

And - what driver (tweaked, beta or normal) would you recommend for me? (My setup is in my signature.)

Oh, and off the topic (it saves starting a whole new thread) what is the performance difference between a 6800(GT or GS) and a 7600GT?
Could someone post the probable performance gains in percentage from my 6600 for these cards:?
(eg. The performance for a 6600GT would be 10% more than a 6600 - but don't write all that out obviously lol.)

6600GT
6800GT
7600GT
7800GT
7800GTX
7900GT

I'm thinking of buying a new GPU, probably a 7600GT - but i'd like to know how the other ones compare - so then I can compare prices and performance.
Thanks a lot!

I'm tempted to vote for the 7600GT, but I went with the 7900GT, as you need that kind of graphics power in today's games.

The 7900GT CO SC is an especially impressive card. A bit more expensive than a regular 7900GT, but its a definite X1900XT contender for $340-ish.

Hells yea :cool:

I use those in my maximum budget PCs. You don't need more power than Dual 7900GT KO SCs (as, despite my Conroe preaching, I'm still first and foremost a computer designer).

yep. i dont plan on using windows vista or directx, so im good to go :p no need to wait for 8 series either.

currently the best performance for price would have to be the 7600gt. as for the drivers, the average person would do best to just use the stable ForceWare drivers. i don't see many advantages in tweaked drivers and the beta drivers aren't so much for the average person as for the enthusiast who has to try everything as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom